Plan Your Visit
- We are pleased to welcome researchers by prior appointment Monday through Thursday.
- Appointments may be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The library and exhibit are closed on the following federal holidays: New Year's Day; Martin Luther King, Jr. Day; President's Day; Memorial Day; Independence Day; Labor Day; Columbus Day; Veterans' Day; Thanksgiving Day; and Christmas Day.
- The Library is located on the second floor of the historic Carnegie Library at 801 K St. NW.
- For directions, please see the Directions page.
Good to Know:
- Please consult our online catalog to determine material you would like to research; if provided with call numbers, we can pull the material prior to your arrival. Please email email@example.com with your request.
- On their first visit, researchers must fill out a Patron Registration Form and show photo identification.
- Bags, backpacks, briefcases, coats, umbrellas, purses, computer carrying cases and other personal items are not allowed in the reading room. Lockers for belongings are available in the coat room adjacent to the library. Small hand-held wallets or change purses are allowed.
- Laptops are allowed in the reading room. The reading room has wi-fi.
- Cameras are allowed if the researcher signs the "Personal Camera Use Form" concerning copyright restrictions and pays a $5 daily fee.
- Smoking, eating, and drinking are prohibited in the library.
- Library computers may ONLY be used to search the Library Catalog and other sites related to HSW collections. Non-collection related computer use or internet browsing is prohibited.
Please review all of our rules and regulations before you arrive.
Admission is free.